Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 3 Soap Challenge

Week 3 of Amy Warden's soap challenge was mica swirl.  You can find the challenge here at greatcakessoapworks.  I am fairly new to micas as I have been using other methods to colour my soap.  A little goes a loooong way and they are very easy to work with.  Lots of pretty colours too : )

I did a basic oil mix of Olive, coconut and palm and scented with Pineapple cilantro.  It's a nice scent but I am still more of a patchouli, neroli, nag champa kind of girl.  I have been trying to work with different scents.  Not everyone likes patchouli and lots of my soaps are headed out to my Son and Daughter-In-Laws.  My son hates patchouli!  I have no idea who raised him!

Here is the soap freshly poured in the mold.



This is freshly cut but still needs a little cleaning up.  I like to bevel the edges but it's still a little soft.  I will wait awhile.



I'm looking forward to the next and final challenge.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful blue mica swirls. I have not either used micas before this challenge, but it has been fun. I still prefer oxides and clays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty mica top! I am not a patchouli fan but I am trying to learn to like it!

    ReplyDelete