After checking out some leopard pictures I decided on a yellowish base with a black (more grey) and orange spots. My scent was Bamboo and Teak which made me think of the forest and exotic places where you can actually find leopards.
Here is my soap in the mold.
I knew it was a little too soft yet when I cut it and it always kills me to wait. I have very little patience obviously. I cut it anyway knowing it was a little soft and wish now that I had waited a little longer but once it's a little harder I will clean it up. Here it is cut.
It's a little messy but once fixed up it will be o.k. My "spots" aren't perfect. I should have let it trace a little more. Next time I will for sure. Look like a leopard? No, but I still like it and it was a lot of fun.
I was out of Palm so did an olive, coconut and kpangnan butter mix. That was a first so we'll see how it turns out. I'm thinking it will be nice and silky. Of course I also added raw silk to my lye mixture as always. I'm really looking forward to trying this one out.
Thanks once again to Amy for hosting such a fun challenge and showing us some new techniques. See you next time : )



I really like the colors you chose, and you can definitely see spots in there! I love the creamy look of your soap, and the fragrance sounds amazing too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cee Gee : )
ReplyDeleteBamboo and Teak, a great combo for the colors. It is hard to wait before unveiling soaps!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so soft and creamy! Very nice!
ReplyDeleteThank you : D
ReplyDeleteLove the color combination and you can definitely see beautiful spots in there!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a luxury cream soap! You got big spots another take on spots and it gives me ideas too. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteIt seems really creamy. I can hardly wait to try it. Thank you all
ReplyDeleteOoo, I've never experienced kpangnan butter - sounds so lovely! Great job on your leopard spotted soap! Getting the right thickness is definitely the hardest part - I hope you'll try it again! Thanks so much for participating in the challenges!
ReplyDelete