Saturday, March 30, 2013

Soap Challenge


Late last night I noticed a Soaper's Challenge and decided to join.  Deadline was today so I frantically whipped a batch up this morning.  I have never cut a batch so early.  I usually wait 24 hours but today I had no choice but to cut after 9 hours.  I was nervous but it was fine.  I had also tried a new recipe using Rice Bran Oil since I have not been soaping much the last few years and the supply stock was a little low.  Since the challenge was Tiger Stripes I thought it fitting with the orange and black theme to use a FO I received for free from one of my suppliers with an order some time last year or so.  It was called Orange Chocolate Truffle and smells pretty nice.

I am really looking forward to this next weeks challenge at:

It was really fun and it was nice to get into soaping again!!  I have done a little bit for the kids only because they ask but that's about it.  It's definitely time to get back into it.  This challenge was the kick start I needed.  Thanks Amy!!!!





7 comments:

  1. Jody that is beautiful! Congrats on getting it done so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty soap! Did you use two different shades of orange? I would love to try Orange Chocolate Truffle FO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, it looks like a delicious soap!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out beautifully. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Jody! You really got it done fast! Good looking soap - fragrance does sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I only used one shade of orange Kirppu but my pot wasn't big enough so I had to mix it in two batches LOL. My friends all thought I was making something yummy to eat on my facebook photos : )

    ReplyDelete